Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Places She Will Go!


This is my first ever blog. Not sure what I plan to write...but thought I would give it a try. The main reason I started this blog is to chronicle the life of Anna - my youngest daughter. She has Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21). I am hoping to spread awareness, and therefore, acceptance, of individuals with special needs.

Below is poem I wrote a couple of weeks after Anna was born. I was nursing her in the middle of the night and questioning God for the umpteenth time as to why he had chosen me to be the mother of a special needs child. Why me? Why her? God answered by reminding me that he will always be here for me -- and for her. He made her perfectly, and it was no mistake!

The Places She Will Go!

We are pleased to introduce to you
Anna Kathleen.
She surprised us three weeks early
On April 15

A good and perfect gift from
God up above,
We welcome her into our lives with
Much joy and endless love.

Fearfully and wonderfully made
By our God in heaven,
Instead of 46 chromosomes,
He gave her 47.

Known as Downs Syndrome,
Or Trisomy 21,
The blessings Anna will bring us
Have only just begun.

We share this news with you
Not out of sadness or despair,
But so you will know, and so you can pray,
And because we know you care.

Anna, though special,
Is like any little girl.
Just needing a little extra help
To make it in this world.

We are tickled pink to have Anna,
And can’t wait to watch her grow.
We will watch with amazement at
The Places She Will Go!


1 comment: