Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What's in a Name?

Many people ask how Anna got her nickname, Anna Banana Pants. Anna Banana is a given - but where did the 'Pants' come from?

From Dora the Explorer, of course!


“A Crown for King Bobo”
Dora and Boots set out to help King Juan el Bobo find his lost crown, so they can all go to his Mami’s birthday party. The friends take a silly adventure that finds them singing to the snapping crocodiles, running past a fountain without getting splashed and saying banana pants’ to wild turkeys to make them laugh. In the end, King Bobo remembers everything and makes it to Mami’s party just in time.


So - now we call Anna anything from Anna Banana Pants, to 'The Pants' -- as in, "I will give Charlie a Paige a bath, and you've got 'The Pants'."

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog...and I have to say your Anna Banana Pants is a doll! ...and I like what you wrote in your profile that having a child with Down syndrome is not the life sentence many believe it to be, but rather a blessing...and I'd have to say I whole heartedly agree :)

    BTW....Many years ago their was a little girl at our church named Anna that I thought was so adorable so she and I chatted and I asked her what her middle name was, she said she didn't know but then later came up to me and said, "Me finks it's banana" :)

    ReplyDelete