Monday, May 11, 2009

Flowers

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and I am sure a lot of moms got a lot of flowers.

Charlie brought me home a potted flower from school last week. Yesterday, he brought me home another potted flower from Sunday School.

It really was a great Mother's Day. I had breakfast in bed, and then after church we went to brunch with some friends. Just a relaxing day where I didn't do any cooking! (I did fold laundry, though).

And today, I was surprised when the doorbell rang only to find that I was getting more flowers! These flowers were not for Mother's Day, however. They were from Jonathan in celebration of our engagement 7 years ago.

Seven years ago Jonathan took me for a picnic in Central Park where he proposed to me. That is where I made the 2nd greatest decision in my life (the first was to trust in Jesus), and I said 'Yes'!

1 comment:

  1. Awww that's so sweet! I had asked my husband not to get me anything for Mother's Day this year. So while he didn't get me flowers, he got me a new Wii word game. haha!

    ReplyDelete