Saturday, June 6, 2009

Friday Update on Saturday: Therapy, Car, Things That Go Bump

A very busy week. Jonathan was out of town. Lots going on with Anna's therapy, and we had a visit from one of our friendly men in blue.


Therapy: Moving Forward, but Not Moving
Anna had a great week at therapy! After all of my grumbling, it appears that she (I hope anyway) is starting to make some progress again - yay! During therapy on Wednesday, you could just see how proud she was to be able to perform the skill that her therapist was working with her on.

On Thursday, we had Anna's IFSP (Individual Family Service Plan) meeting to discuss Anna's current developmental status, our goals for her and our strategy for reaching those goals. Since Anna's gross motor skills are farthest behind and her fine motor skills are farther along, starting next week, we will add PT each week, and drop Anna's DT (with Ms. Jeannette) to every other week. So, some weeks she will have two therapies, and others she will have three. We plan to have another IFSP in September to evaluate how this plan is working.

Car: Houston, We Have a Problem.
There is nothing quite as annoying as car problems. The minivan (yes, I drive a minivan - stop laughing!) has an electrical issue causing the interior lights to stay on and we are not able to turn them off. This, in turn, causes the battery to run out. Anyway, the car is in the shop and will hopefully be ready on Monday. Hopefully.

Things That Go Bump: All Clear
Jonathan was out of town this week and one night, after I put the kids to bed, I kept hearing a 'bump' coming from the attic. Normally I would not be too concerned about hearing a strange noise, but we had been out for a walk earlier in the day and had left the garage door open, and Maggie was acting rather skittish. So, it made me little nervous.

Not wanting to go up in the attic to check things out for myself, I decided that the best course of action would be to call the police. Hey, we pay high enough taxes, I might as well get something for my money =)

A few minutes later, Officer Wheeler gave me the all clear - all clear of humans, anyway. I am still not sure what was making the noise, but at least I was able to sleep that night knowing that nobody was hiding out in my attic.

After checking out the attic, I had Officer Wheeler say Hi to Charlie and Paige, who were all too excited to have a real policeman in their house.

Ahhhh, never a dull moment around here!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to read how much therapy Anna is getting. Matthew has PT every 2 weeks, DT every 2 weeks, OT twice a month and ST twice a month. Sometimes I wish we had more sessions, other days I think what we have is just fine since I try to follow through with the therapists suggestions in between sessions. I guess feeling like I need more or less depends on how well Matthew is progressing. Sorry, I'm rambling.
    I hope you get your minivan back by Monday.

    ReplyDelete