Sunday, August 9, 2009

We're Back!

We are back from vacation!

We got back last night after spending a week on the beach in Old Orchard Beach, Maine (OOB). God blessed us with prefect beach weather all week! Needless to say, we had a great time!

We arrived at our beach house last Saturday, and the kids could not wait to get into the water. They ran right in, clothes and all. :)

Charlie and Paige were quite the beach bums (so were Jonathan and I). We had a hard time dragging them off the beach to go in for dinner. And, despite being slathered in SPF 50 a couple of times each day, they are both a beautiful golden brown. They look like little California surfer kids.

Anna was a bathing beauty. She didn't care for the water much (too cold, I guess), but she loved laying on the sand. She was pretty good about not eating it, but she did manage to get a handful or two into her mouth :) On our last day there, our beach house neighbor gave us his inflatable rowboat. We filled it with water and set Anna in it. She had a blast playing in her little pool beside us on the beach.

We chose a new location for our beach house this year. In the past, we looked for a house that was in OOB, and closer to the pier. This year, we went a little farther west into the Kinney Shores area of Saco, ME. Same beach, just on the other side of the little inlet. I am pretty sure that I speak for everyone when I say that we loved the new location! It was a lot quieter, and the beach was far less crowded - which is huge when you have 5 little kids to keep an eye on.

The weather was perfect, but the waves were puny. I love playing in the water. In particular, I love to play on the boogie board. But, we really didn't have any waves this year for me to show off my mad skills. But again, small waves make it easier to watch 5 little kids.

Jonathan and I, and my Father-in-law, played in the Annual OOB Salvation Army golf tournament one day. We didn't win any prizes, but we did have a lot of fun. The course we played was beautiful, and in was in great shape. I don't get to play golf nearly as much as I would like. I did manage a few nice drives, though, that kept our team in the hunt. I'll hang my hat on that :)

We played in the water. We played in the sand. We caught all kinds of marine wildlife (crabs, hermit crabs, snails, clams, etc.) We rode rides at the Pier. We ate enormous amounts of yummy food. We had a great time with family. In summary....A great vacation!

Tomorrow, it is back to reality!

Here is a link to our pictures. In typical Russell Family fashion, we took way too many :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment