Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Big Day!

Welcome to the Class of 2022!

Today is Charlie's first day of Kindergarten!! He has been looking forward to this day all summer. He jumped out of bed this morning and couldn't get dressed fast enough. He was all smiles all morning, and he more than willingly walked into school with his class. He did look back, though -- so I felt somewhat validated. =)

I think the first day of Kindergarten is the most bittersweet day for a mom. We are so excited to see our children growing and learning and spreading their wings. At the same time we are heart-broken that our babies are growing and becoming more independent.

I can't believe he is going to be gone all day. All day someone else is going to be taking care of him. All day someone else is going to be answering his questions. All day someone else is going to be the major influence on my child. I think my job of teaching right from wrong just got infinitely more difficult now that Charlie is in school.

I am so proud of my little boy. I know he is going to love school!

Here are a few pics from Charlie's first day...








...Can't wait to hear the stories from the first day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the first day of kindergarten! Hope he had a great day!

    ReplyDelete