Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009 - A Year in Review

Happy New Year!


I don't do an annual letter that I send out with our Christmas card like a lot of people do. Mainly because, 1) I don't have the time, and 2) I am pretty sure that nobody is that interested anyway.


So, in lieu of the holiday letter, here is a very long blog that I spent way too much time on, to recap our 2009. I promise I will not be offended if you do not make it past March. =)

JANUARY: Enjoying some fun in the snow (what else do you do in January?!)



FEBRUARY: Charlie turns 5, and Anna masters sitting. Anna had a brief hospital stay due to croup.



MARCH: I started blogging! More fun in the snow, and then a vacation to Arizona to thaw out. Anna gets her first two teeth!




APRIL: Anna turns 1!! (Enjoy her video) Jonathan turns 25, again. Paige gets her hair cut for the first time, and Anna celebrates her first Easter.





MAY: Paige turns 3, and we celebrate with a joint party for Paige, Anna and Jonathan. Brutus joins our family. Anna goes to the dentist for the first time. Anna learns to wave and babble.





JUNE: Charlie graduates pre-school. We enjoy a fun camping trip where Charlie catches his first fish. Anna learns to feed herself, and undergoes her first eye surgery. We bid farewell to Cosmo =(





JULY: The kids enjoy a new playgym (Mr. Rainbow). Anna undergoes an EEG to try to dertermine cause of her eye rolling. Anna learns to army crawl, and we are blessed by a talented photographer and the Littlest Heroes Project.





AUGUSTt: Family vacation to OOB!


SEPTEMBER: Charlie starts Kindergarten and Paige starts pre-school. Brutus leaves us and Mater moves in. Charlie starts soccer.





OCTOBER: Anna learns to get into sitting on her own. Charlie is named Student of the Month. We have lots of fun on Halloween, and we are blessed by the support from our family and friends at the Buddy Walk.





NOVEMBER: "The Crazy Month" is what I have named November 2009. My parents (Grandma and Grandpa) came to visit and helped us with a home improvement project. They also helped the kids build cars for the Pinewood Derby. Then my sister came and they all stayed through Thanksgiving. We hosted Thanksgiving for 13 adults and 5 children...good fun! Oh, yeah. I turned 35 -- officially of "advanced maternal age".





DECEMBER: "The Other Crazy Month". Anna gets her hair cut for the first time. We enjoy many Christmas parties and celebrations, including Charlie's concert at school. Anna has eye surgery again.





2009 was a pretty good year for us. We praise the Lord for his many blessings.


Best Wishes to you for a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

6 comments:

  1. What a great year, so many fun and happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea for a post - love all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great post. I'm so sorry about Cosmo. I don't think I was following you then or maybe I just missed it.
    But you had so many great times in 2009! thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so much fun! I loved looking back over your year, especially since I didn't start reading your blog until Summer '09 :)

    Reading your blog and others is such a big help for me! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a year!
    So funny~ Mattie has the same outfit as Anna in the November pictures. The one with the heart on the shirt. What is so funny is that Sweet Ella Grace has it too!

    ReplyDelete