Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Could Not Have Said It Better

I am not a "deep thinker", or a great writer, so I don't/can't always express what is really going on in this crazy messed-up mind of mine. Fortunately, there are a few people out there who are talented writers with profound thoughts about raising a child with Down syndrome.

If you are a member of MOPS, you may have noticed an article in the recent MOMSense magazine written by Ellen Stumbo (Stumbo Family Story), titled Cure for Selfishness. It is a beautiful article about how having a daughter with Ds saved her from her selfishness heart. It was a story I could relate to on many levels, because Ellen puts into words many of things I felt when Anna was first born. (Incidentally, there was also an article called, Not Tonight, Honey...I am Blogging. Man, was this issue of MOMSense meant for me, or what?! - ha!!)

And, I love this recent post about Doubt by Tara at Simeon's Trail. I appreciate her honesty, her insights, and her faith. Thanks for letting me share, Tara!

Go check them out, and I hope you enjoy them! If you want, you can pretend that I wrote them (even though I didn't).

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I so enjoy your blog and watching Anna grow. Thanks for passing on Tara's blog that was a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for sharing! And I was sure convicted about my addiction to the internet.

    ReplyDelete