Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Anna Banana Pants!!

Today is my sweet girl's 2nd birthday!

I can hardly believe it has been 2 years. There are times when it seems like it has been 20, but most of them time it feels like only 2 months.

Anna has come so far this past year (and so have I!). I remember it was about this time last year that I was fretting over all the things that she wasn't doing yet, and that it seemed like Anna was stuck in a rut of non-progress. And, I am sure if I stopped to think about what a typical 2-year old should be doing, that I could continue to fret. But, I am getting enough gray hairs, I don't need the added stress. =) Besides, Anna is continuing to show us forward progress. Albeit slow progress, it is still progress. So, I am (slowly) learning to just enjoy those milestones as opposed to worrying about when those milestones are happening. =)

Here is a list (an incomplete list) of some of the amazing things that Anna Banana has learned to do over the last year:
- Babble
- Wave
- Signs (lots of signs...more, all done, bath, dog, music, daddy, yes, shoes, socks, up, go, eat, drink, please...I am sure there are others that I am not thinking of right now)
- Army crawl - and now starting to crawl on hands and knees
- Sit up on her own
- Pull to Standing
- Cruise along the furniture
- Feed herself w/ fingers - and starting to use a spoon
- Drink from a straw cup
- Put coins in the piggy bank, and shapes in the shape sorter
- Hug and Kiss and Feed her baby doll
- Do the motions to "If You're Happy and You Know It"
- Completely destroy a room in 10 seconds (I so do not love this skill, but appreciate her curiosity and playful spirit)
- Melt hearts and show the beauty of God's Love (oh, wait! She already knew that one!)











Happy 2nd Birthday, Sweet Girl!! We love you!

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty birthday squirrel! Our life is so much sweeter with banana pants in it...thank you for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2nd birthday Anna!! You were on our mind first thing this morning and we prayed sweet birthday wishes for you. We love being on this journey with you and watching her grow!
    What an amazing 2nd year you have had.
    Go Anna Go!!!
    You are a true blessing!
    Enjoy your day, we can't wait to see those cake pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Happy Birthday Sweet Anna!!! Oh, how I wish that Ella and I could come and celebrate with you. I want to get you guys together so badly...I just know you would be two peas in a pod. Those are the most adorable birthday pictures...ever!!! Have a wonderful day. We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to my beautiful little girl. I hope you have a great day. I can't beleive that you have been blessing us for 2 years already. I, too, am amazed by all the things you can do!!! Keep it up. Daddy loves you so much. I'm sending many birthday wishes your way. Love you Anna!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to little Anna. My favorite is destroying a room in 10 seconds, Sam might have her beat on that one. haha Hope she has a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her sweet face...happy 2nd Banana Pants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Anna!!!! She is beautiful in every way! What a gem you have there , Lori!
    it's a pleasure to watch her grow!Kisses to the birthday girl.

    Enjoy the day! And everyone after...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Anna!! You do so many amazings things and you are such a pretty little girl!! We hope to meet you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhhhh...happy birthday Anna! You are such a beauty. I love you birthday outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday big girl! Hope you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete