Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Back...and Trying to Play Catch-Up!

I am back from my trip. I had a superb time. It was just a great weekend of relaxation with my good friends. And, just what I needed to help recharge the ol' batteries.

We did some shopping. We did some wining and dining. We did some home spa treatments. But mostly, we did some relaxing and catching up. It is so nice to have a group of friends that, no matter how long it has been since we have seen each other, we always feel comfortable and pick up right where we left off.

We topped off the weekend with the Bolder Boulder 10K. If you are a runner and like to do events, I highly recommend this one! We almost decided to skip it because the logistics of getting everyone down there and then back to the airport was a bit crazy...but I am so glad we ran!

There were over 54,000 runners. Our official starter was Rick Reilly, and Dr. Oz was the honorary starter. The streets were lined with bands, cheerleaders, belly dancers, and spectators. The people who lived along the route had pools and slip-n-slides set up in their yards. On one corner they were tossing marshmallows at the runners. It was quite the scene.

Lovely pic of me and my best friend that I have know since 1st grade...give us a break, we had to be there very early!

But, alas, all good things must come to an end...

I got back late on Monday night and was greeted by three incredibly adorable children and one smokin' hot man =)

And, now, I am busy playing catch-up, and trying to find all the things my husband mis-placed in my absence. =)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a weekend getaway and it was such a blast.
    You look great in the pic! Very proud of you running the 10K.
    Glad the family was all in one piece when you arrived home too! Hope it doesn't take you too long to find everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job baby, very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete