Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Land of Make Believe

Nope, it is not the place where all the children play nicely and have impeccable manners - but it is a real place in New Jersey!

Last weekend we went to the Land of Make Believe with some family friends: Judd and Elaine and their children Peyton and Lauren.  We had great company, great weather, and a really great time!

For those wondering, The Land of Make Believe is a cheesy little amusment park/waterpark nestled in rural NJ.  It is definitely geared toward kids under 10. There are maybe 2 rides that would be fun for anyone older than that. 
Charlie and Peyton - chasing the "robbers"

Paige and Lauren


My big kid, Jonathan, enjoyed the rides also



I didn't even attempt to put Anna on any rides after our last amusement park fiasco

No rides for Anna, but she did have a ball in the waterpark! I would put her on a slide and held her hands as she splashed down into the water. The smile and excitement on her face were priceless!  She kept signing, "Again! Again!" over and over.  (Sorry, no pics...I didn't take my camera into the waterpark with me.  Shame on me!)

I think we will definitely be using our imaginations again in the future at the Land of Make Believe -- especially since it is less than 20 minutes from our house!

5 comments:

  1. oh i wish you had pics of the water park!!!
    Looks like a great say. You know we have had some of our best days at cheesy little places!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived closer so we could go...it looks like the perfect little park for Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh....childhood memories! My grandparents used to take us as a treat when we were little!

    ReplyDelete