Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween, Halloween...Such a Spooky Scene!

"Halloween, Halloween...Such a Spooky Scene"

That was the title of a poem I wrote when I was in the 4th grade.  It is quite humorous and I should include a copy on here sometime; it would give you a good laugh. Only problem - my husband won't let me anywhere near the box in which it resides as I am sure to get lost in memories for at least a couple of hours.  But it is good stuff, I tell you...good stuff. =)

So, it is on to current memories in the making!

We had a great Halloween weekend.  This year we had Anakin Skywalker, Merliah (from Barbie in a Mermaid Tale), and Sleeping Beauty.


 Charlie and Paige were both thrilled to wear their costumes to school on Friday where they had a party and parade.
Merliah - "The Queen of the Waves"

Merliah's totally gnarly pink hair



Anakin Skywalker (The Padawan years)


Side Note: If you are thinking that Charlie's costume is missing something, it is not his light saber (not allowed at school).  He is missing his Padawan braid.  
 This was not due to lack of effort on my, or Paige's, part.  See, the day before Paige had a couple of friends over for a playdate.  During a brief moment when they weren't being watched like a hawk by me, Paige managed to grab the scissors and cut a chunk of each of the girls' hair (yes...both of them!).  Trying to make lemonade out of lemons, I took the discarded strands of hair and made a very nice Padawan braid out them. But, Charlie refused to wear it citing the arguments that it was "gross", and it was "girl hair". =)


On Saturday, we carved pumpkins.


Storm Trooper pumpkin...Nice Work, JR!




And on Sunday, we got dressed up again for trick-or-treating and bringing home bags and bags full of candy!

Merliah, Anakin, Sleeping Beauty and Dr. MD =)

Paige and her guinea pigs...their hair doesn't look lopsided at all!

"Trick-or-Treat!!!"

I think my poem for this year would read: "Halloween, Halloween...Such an Crazy Scene", but then again, that wouldn't be very distinctive from any other day around here. =)
I know what is in here!

Candy!!

I knew it!

Can't stop thinking about it

Candy!

Pleeeaaaasee!!!!

Fine - I will just go out trick-or-treating and get my own candy!

And now, it is November.  It is my birthday month in case anyone was curious =)

9 comments:

  1. Ha-ha, totally laughing about the "girl's hair" ordeal! Good try on your part though!! Looks like fun was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori...you really need to put your whole poem on the blog for everyone to read. It's solid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our boys really need to get together they would have been perfect Anakin and Obi Wan! Too funny. Love, love, love Anna signing candy please...made me giggle. Looks like you guys had a great Halloween weekend too.
    Definitely dig up the poem I am sure it would be a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful family and Anna looked adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love Anna signing candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how great was your Halloween! great pictures...and I love the pumpkins! smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, they all look great in their costumes!! Glad you guys had a nice time. I LOVE the hair cut story. Hope their parents weren't too mad. Give Anna big hugs from Ella.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! Charlie you are one cool dude!!!!! Love the hair story. Paige you just make things fun!!
    And Miss Anna, i love your costume and your awesome signing!!!!

    Lori, I'm interested, Miss November! How about the date!! notice I didn't ask the age. That wouldn't be polite!!!

    Andrew and Peter are November babies Too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halloween memories~So much fun! Now what to do with all that candy!

    ReplyDelete