Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Origami Yoda

We just finished reading a very funny book with Charlie. It is called "The Strange Case of Origami Yoda" by Tom Angleberger.

He picked this book from his school's book fair.  We read it out loud to him because we thought it was a little bit over his reading level, though he probably could have handled it.  He is such an awesome reader.  (I am such a proud mama!)  But boy, I am glad we did read it out loud.  I think Jonathan and I were laughing harder than Charlie through a lot of it. 

Anyway, if you have a Star Wars fan at home, I highly recommend this read.  I do caution about some crude humor/language that is probably typical of 6th graders like the characters in the book, but nothing I want my 1st grader repeating. 

At the end of the book, there are instructions for how to make your own Origami Yoda.  Here is Charlie's...


Origami Yoda: Read it you must!

3 comments:

  1. I think we definitely have to read that one. Awesome origami Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since my boys are 5th and 6th graders, and huge Star Wars fans, sounds like this will be the perfect read for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pic was an EPIC FAIL, the book is an EPIC WIN!
    -The1337

    ReplyDelete