Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Day is Coming...

The day that Anna turns 3 is coming.
The day that Anna turns 3 and ages out of Early Intervention is coming.
The day that Anna turns 3, ages out of Early Intervention and starts pre-school is coming.

And it is coming soon!

One month from today, Anna will turn 3...our Tax-day baby (do you have yours done, yet?).  Anna will start pre-school on Monday, April 25, the day after Easter.  We have spring break the week before, otherwise she would have started then.

Ever since our initial meeting with school representatives, this inevitable day has been looming on my calendar, and in my mind.  I am not sure I am ready for it.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself" - Matthew 6:34

I am not a worrier.  In fact, my husband gets upset with me because I often show no concern about a matter that should concern me. And, it is not that I am not concerned - I just don't outwardly worry about it.  I see no point in it.

And, it is not that I am worried about Anna starting school.  I know she will love it.  I know it will be great for her.  I know it is the right thing to do.  I am just having a hard time coming to grips with putting my sweet angel on a bus with her not really knowing what is going on.

I had no problems with Charlie going to school, and will not fret when Paige starts Kindergarten in the fall.  They are ready.  They know where they are going, what to expect, and they are excited about it.  Anna doesn't have a clue...and that is what bothers me, not that my baby is going to school (I am also not an overly emotional person).

I am sure it won't take long for her to "get it" and be excited about it as well.  Over the past couple of months, Anna has made huge strides in her cognition and communication.  She is so much more engaged in conversations and activities, and she seems to be making a real effort to communicate.  Her signing is beyond impressive.  I have lost count of how many signs she knows, and uses appropriately.  She has been trying to learn her animal sounds.  Current favorite: the Rooster  - cock-a-doodle-doooo! =)  And her babbling has really taken off.  Now, if we can only get real words out of her =)

Yes - school is the right next step for her.  I know all this.  I just have to get my heart to accept it.

I know that God will be with her and protect her.  I just have to remember to trust in Him.

"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." - Psalm 55:22

5 comments:

  1. You are right she will bloom and I think she will totally get it. Alayna claps, cheers and says "kool, kool" when we drive up to where her toddler class is each week.
    Can't believe she will be 3 already though. Good luck Anna, you will knock their socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have to put her on the bus? Or is it just impossible to drive her to school? Or is it just impossible time wise with Charlie and Paige.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's such a cutie! My daughter is 3 but we're not sending her to pre-school due to transportation issues. She's ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun adventures ahead! :)


    Tammy and Parker
    www.prayingforparker.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful pictures!! Of course with such a beautiful model, why wouldn't they be. Can you believe that our world travelers are turning 3 and heading to preschool? Ella will start April 11th. I am with you about not being overly emotional about it...I know Ella will love it. What I am struggling with is that she may feel somewhat abandoned by me when I am not in the room with her. I am never not with her and even though she doesn't cling to me AT ALL, she is always secure knowing that I am around. We won't be using the bus so that isn't an issue for me, but I think that would be the hardest part for me, hands down!! Can't wait for us to all share pictures of the first day of school :)

    ReplyDelete