Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sweet Fun!

Over the weekend, the kids made gingerbread houses with Jonathan.  They all had a great time!  They all made a great mess!  And they all made some great memories! =)

I am glad that Jonathan is willing to participate in such craftiness with the kids, because I am pretty sure they would never get the experience otherwise.  I love to cook and bake, but I also don't like a huge mess. (Even though I ended up cleaning up most of it anyway so I could have a clean sink and counter to make dinner- ha!)

I was pretty impressed, though. I would have bought one of those kits, but Jonathan insisted upon actually baking their own gingerbread and cutting out the shapes.  So, Charlie and I went to the store to stock up on candy decorations while Paige and Jonathan mixed, cut and baked the housing pieces. (Anna was napping like an angel -- or there definitely would have been a mess!!)






This just may have become a new tradition for Daddy and kids! =)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Even better than the store bought packs we always buy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not into the mess part of crafts, either. I'm sure I could be exposing Samantha to more of the wonders of childhood if I could just get past that. LOL

    Definitely a good tradition to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth has been wanting to make a gingerbread house this year. I think these have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! Sounds like a fabulous tradition to me! I'm so going to use this as leverage....not sure Greg would agree to bake the gingerbread, however.

    ReplyDelete