Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Who Stole My September?

I logged onto my blog this morning to begin a post about Down Syndrome Awareness Month coming up in October, when I realized I haven't posted a single thing in September!  Poor Banana Pants (the blog, not the person) has been completely neglected the past couple of months. I guess that eventually happens to all bloggers at some point. But, hopefully, I will be a bit more consistent in the future.

So, where did we leave off?  Ah, yes -- we were wrapping up summer and prepping for "Back to School".

We ended summer with a fun backyard campout.  With that, I think we actually completed our summer bucket list!  I can't wait to see what we put on our list next summer.
time for  s'mores!


The kids are back in school.  Charlie is in 3rd, Paige 1st, and Anna is in pre-school 5 morning/week.



The school year seems to be off to a great start.   The kids are really liking their teachers and stepping up to the plate and meeting the expectations of their new grade levels.  It is so rewarding to see your kids growing and maturing.

Anna has had a bit of a rocky start.  If I haven't mentioned it before, Anna is a stubborn mule.  If something is not on her agenda, then forget it - she wants nothing to do with it.  It is very frustrating because you can see that Anna knows so much and is very capable, but her behavior is holding her back. But, her teaching staff is great and they are working hard with us to alter these behaviors.  Prayers for strength and patience are definitely welcome!!


Fall activities are also in full swing.  Charlie is playing football again this year.  This year they moved up to pads -- so it is full contact tackle.



 Paige decided she didn't want to play soccer this fall, and is instead, doing gymnastics (Stupid Olympics!!).  She LOVES it!  We can't go into the gym to watch, but they have little tv screens in the waiting room.  I can always find Paige because she is bouncing up and down with excitement. =)


And, Jonathan and I celebrated our 10-year anniversary on Sept. 7!  We didn't do anything that weekend, but have a little get-away planned for November.  I can't wait for that!


So, life is pretty sweet around our house.  Crazy - but sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Glad for the update, praying for patience for you as you help Anna with her stubborn streak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori...our lives are eerily similar! The whole idea that Ds makes your kid easy-going and happy all the time....HA! It's frustrating as the parent, but then it all gets erased when they do something to celebrate, right...
    We, too, will celebrate our 10th anniv. this Friday! Sept. 2002 was a great month for weddings :)
    I've been meaning to email you...my BF just moved to Mendham, NJ...how far is that from you? Maybe at some point when we are visiting them, we could arrange to meet!!

    ReplyDelete