Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday, Anna!!

Dear Anna -

Happy 5th Birthday!!

I will not lie, I am not overly sad to see 4 go.  As much as I want to keep you small and not let you get any older, I am ready to move past some of struggles that we have gone through this year with you.

I am ready to be done with the dropping to the floor when you don't get your way. I am ready to be done with the screaming and whining to get our attention.  And the glasses -- I don't even want to mention the glasses.  I am beyond ready to be past our struggles with keeping your glasses on your face and in one piece!

But as trying as 4 was, there is still so much to celebrate.  When I look back at where you were last year at this point -- well, you have come a long way, baby!

Your speech is the biggest change that most people will notice.  Finally, you are starting to be able to say what you want to say.  The joy on your face when you ask for something and are understood is priceless.

Your funny personality is really starting to shine.  And your new and intense obsession with Barbie movies that you has developed this year is hilarious.  I love how you replay parts over and over and over again to memorize the words and the actions, and then you act out those favorite parts over and over and over again.  Maybe I should be thanking Barbie for your improvements in your speech :)

So, Dear Anna, Happy Birthday to my Barbie loving, glasses breaking, floor dropping, crazy dancing, little water bug!!!  Our day is not complete without an Anna hug and keeeesss, and we thank God every day that you are ours!  I have no doubt that 5 is going to be a great age for you!! =)

We love you to the moon -- and back!

1 comment:

  1. Hoping today is the happiest of birthdays for you, Anna! Love the video and the pic of the Old Navy dog still makes me giggle. Enjoy the magical year of "5"!!!

    ReplyDelete