Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Quick Catch-Up: The Days of Our Lives....


Having a child with Down syndrome will change your life - not stop it.  Sure, we have our challenges with Anna, and have to do a few things differently.  But, for the most part, we are just a normal family doing normal things. 
Whatever "normal" is?  

It's October!
It's Down Syndrome Awareness Month!
It's Crazy Around Here!

But crazy in a good way -- as in, we have a lot going on, but we are having fun and enjoying it. =)

So, to catch up...

The kids are back in school.  Charlie is in 4th, Paige 2nd and Anna started Kindergarten.
First day of school!!
Charlie is busy playing football.  He has also joined Cub Scouts for the first time this year.  We may be completely over stretching ourselves with activities and 4th grade homework - but we are giving it a go, and seeing what we can handle.

Paige has taken up field hockey this fall.  We all love it! It is so much fun to watch, and she loves playing.  And, after several months of asking politely, Paige is starting piano lessons this week.  I am very excited for her because I think she will really like them.  She is also queen of the rainbow loom.  =)  (But who isn't these days? )

Anna has started Kindergarten. It has been a rough start, but things are looking up! I have a lot to say on this topic -- so I will defer it to another post.  I know you are excited! =)

Jonathan is enjoying his new job -- and so am I! =)  Have I mentioned that I am the lunch lady at the kids' school this year?  Laugh, mock, do as you please - but I love being able to see my kids each day, and so do they.  That, and it is only an hour/day so I still have time to get done all the other bazillion things on my to-do list!

Oh -- and we bought a camper!  That's right - we are officially a "glamping" family now.  In fact, I will be starting a new blog to record our adventures. Look for it!

Dinner in our new "vacation home" 

So, now that I have my Christmas letter done in October, I can officially get ready for Halloween! =)

And these are the days of our lives....

No comments:

Post a Comment