Friday, June 13, 2014

Potty Training: The Saga (Part 2)

Just a quick update on the potty training saga -- because I know you all are interested. (ha!)

I have to admit, I am pleasantly surprised by how well it is going.  Sure, we have an accident here or there, but that is to be expected.  For the most part, however, things are working.

But -- that is maybe because I am so paranoid of Anna having an accident that I take her about every 1.5 - 2 hours.  I am sure she can go longer, but just find it easier to take her, than to change her after an accident.  And, pretty much every time I take her she goes - so it is not like a wasted trip.

Also, since mid-April we have spent just about every evening and weekend at baseball and softball games.  Talk about a potty training challenge!  Some ballparks have adequately clean facilities.  But others -- gag!!  I would almost rather Anna have an accident than have to take her into one of those port-a-potties.

But we are persevering and rewarding ourselves for a job well done so far! :)


Our next big potty training challenge will be when we go on vacation.  We will be traveling by car, and I have no idea how frequently we are going to have to stop to avoid accidents.  And should I put a plastic bag or a towel on the seat of her carseat just in case?  We will be pulling our camper, so finding a potty will not be an issue -- we just have to pull over.  I am sure this will make for an interesting update when we get back. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Anna and yay to you for staying tough and persistent! On our last road trip, we cut one of those disposable bed mats that they sell near the training diapers to fit Megs' car seat. We know it works because she peed in it.. After that, we just stuck a pull up on her to avoid the changing of clothes again, but she didn't need it...
    At least you won't have to deal with the public restrooms when you stop! Good luck and happy travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the potty training. We went through the same thing with potty training and having to go to baseball and softball games. I don't do port-a-potty's at all. We carry my daughters little potty to every baseball and softball game, then when she has to go with just set it up some place private then drop the contents into the port-a-potty - works great and I know that she is sitting on a clean potty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! That is a great milestone. We drove across the country when we were still in the potty training. I put my daughter back in a diaper because I didn't want a wet carseat to have to deal with. She stayed dry the whole trip even with the diaper.

    ReplyDelete